CAKE BATTER POPSICLES
Popsicles are such a fun thing to make during the summer. You can make them fruity, colorful, healthy, indulgent, themed – the choice is yours. Naturally, I wanted mine to taste like cake batter and have sprinkles…shocking right?
These Cake Batter popsicles are so creamy. They’re also colorful and tasty. I think they’d be so much fun to make for a birthday party during the summer. Cake batter flavor, sprinkles and something cold for these hot summer days, sounds pretty good to me.

If I may, I’d just like to put it out there that popsicles are one of the most difficult subjects to take pictures of. By the time you’ve got everything set up, your popsicles are starting to melt. I’m sure the 90 degree South Florida heat didn’t help my case but it worked out.
These popsicles can be made using vanilla ice cream, yellow cake mix, a little vanilla extract, milk, and of course sprinkles. You can’t have cake batter without sprinkles. I wanted these popsicles to be super creamy and have an ice cream like texture, so I figured there were no substitutions but to use the real thing. Sometimes popsicles can come out icy and I wanted to avoid that. I pretty much was looking for cake batter ice cream on a stick. Luckily, that’s exactly what these are.
Something to consider when dealing with popsicles. When your ready to eat them, slightly thawing them is crucial. Store bought popsicles are typically wrapped in some sort of freezer wrapping, so they’re ready to go whenever. Not these babies. I found it easiest it take each popsicle mold (the ones I used detach from the tray) and run them under light, warm water for about 30 seconds. Make sure the water runs over all the sides of the popsicle mold so it thaws evenly. If you skip this step and try to take them out without thawing them, chances are you’ll just rip the popsicle stick right out of the actually popsicle and that’s just no fun.
Goodness I just said popsicle a lot.
Before I forget, this recipes makes 6 to 7 popsicles. I hope you guys enjoy these as much as I do!
cake batter popsicles
Creamy, cake batter flavored popsicles with sprinkles, perfect for anytime during the summer.
Author: Kimberly
Prep Time: 4 hrs + 
Total Time: 4 hrs +
Yield: 6

ingredients
  • 3 cups of vanilla ice cream
  • 3/4 cup yellow cake mix
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup sprinkles (I used jimmies, nonpareils may turn your ice cream tie dye)
instructions
  1. Combine ice cream, cake mix, vanilla extract, and milk in a blender and blend on medium speed until thoroughly combined and smooth. Pour mixture into a bowl and mix in sprinkles. Spoon mixture into popsicles molds and freeze for at least 4 hours or over night. After 1 hour you can stick wood popsicles sticks in the molds if not using the holders that come with your popsicle molds.
  2. When ready to serve, run luke warm water over popsicles molds for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Let popsicles thaw for another minute or two before pulling from plastic molds.
notes
*4 hours indicated above is for freezing time