Caramelized Onion, Goat Cheese, and Prosciutto Pizza
Yield: 1 12-inch pizza
Have you been getting any summer reading done? I so wish I could read a couple of books on the beach but unfortunately I'm stuck reading indoors. At least our...
Have you been getting any summer reading done? I so wish I could read a couple of books on the beach but unfortunately I’m stuck reading indoors. At least our A/C is still working (fingers crossed that I didn’t just jinx myself). I’ve been reading a few cooking related books lately but just started Looking for Alaska by John Green since I enjoyed his other book The Fault in Our Stars so much. I need some more fiction books to get into so I’m open to recommendations!
I’ll be traveling a bit this month so I’m hoping to get more reading done. Unfortunately I tend to get motion sickness/headaches if I read on the plane. Does this happen to anyone else? It is such a huge bummer and I get so bored and claustrophobic just sitting there. Not to mention most airport food is a huge bummer. Every time I start getting whiny about flying, though, I make myself think about people who traveled in the past by long horse, boat, or train expeditions and I feel much better about my situation. Can you imagine being stuck on a boat for months and months? I’d die. There probably weren’t caramelized onion, goat cheese, and prosciutto pizzas back then which is even more depressing. This pizza is incredible and so easy to make, you’re going to love it! By the way, try saying prosciutto pizza ten times fast.

Recipe Rundown
Taste: Sweet, tangy, salty, earthy, and all around crave worthy.
Texture: The pizza dough is crisp and chewy while the toppings just go together perfectly.
Ease: Very easy, especially if you’ve made the pizza dough ahead of time (I like to freeze mine and defrost the dough overnight).
Appearance: Like a gourmet pizza from a restaurant!
Pros: Easy yet bursting with flavor.
Cons: None!!
Would I make this again? Oh yes.

Caramelized Onion, Goat Cheese, and Prosciutto Pizza
Recipe By Tessa
Yields 1 12-inch pizza

Ingredients
  • 1 ball pizza dough
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
  • 1/4 cup caramelized onion (from about 1 large onion)
  • 3 thin prosciutto slices, torn into pieces
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
  • 1 tablespoon high quality balsamic vinegar
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Directions
  1. Place a pizza stone on the bottom rack of the oven and preheat to 450°F.
  2. Stretch and roll out your pizza dough on a floured work surface until as thin as possible without tearing. You should get about a 12-inch circle. If the pizza dough springs back, cover it with a clean kitchen towel and let it rest for 10 minutes before continuing shaping. Transfer the pizza to a parchment lined pizza peel or flat cookie sheet.
  3. Brush pizza dough evenly with the olive oil. Top with the goat cheese, onion, and prosciutto. Sprinkle with the rosemary and vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
  4. Bake the pizza for 10 minutes, or until the edges of the crust are golden.