Soon to be a family favorite, these cheesy garlic crescent rolls are made in just 20 minutes and use everyday ingredients!

Soft, buttery crescent rolls are brushed with an insanely flavorful garlic and herb butter, baked with gooey mozzarella cheese, and topped off with another brush of the garlic butter! Simply put, you NEED these crescent rolls in your life!

This crescent rolls recipe isn’t actually new… back in 2014 when I started this little blog, it was part of one of the first few posts. I can’t even believe it was THAT long ago! My how the time has flown! If you’ve been a reader since the beginning, first of all thank you so much!, and secondly, I’m sorry for the repost, but at least you get to look at some pretty new photos.

Of course, everyone has different tastes, but my kids DEVOUR these crescent rolls. I mean, for our family of 4, I have to use 2 cans of rolls, and the kids are still asking for more! Sometimes I add some mini pepperoni and serve some marinara on the side and they transform into a perfect little 2-bite pizza!

WHAT IF I DON’T LIKE SO MUCH GARLIC?

That’s the best part about this recipe (or most cooking recipes actually)… you can totally adjust it to your tastes! We’re garlic fanatics here, so I make ours pretty garlicky. To make the garlic pieces small enough (so you’re not biting down on a big chunk), I either grate the garlic with my microplane grater, use my garlic press, and sometimes I buy the tubes of garlic paste from my store’s produce department. You could also mince away with your knife if you’d like, but the other options are faster

CAN I USE FRESH HERBS INSTEAD OF DRIED?

Absolutely!! I like to use dried here because that’s what most people have on hand. For a food blogger, having multiple containers of fresh herbs at all times is par for the course, but I know not everyone is like that. To swap in fresh herbs for dried, you’ll want to use about double the amounts (since dried herbs are more potent). As with most things, I like to garnish these crescent rolls with a little sprinkle of fresh parsley, but that’s optional.


We love to serve these alongside this soup, but they’re great served with a fresh salad for a light meatless dinner too!

I hope you guys give these a try, they’re so rich, buttery and FULL of flavor, I know you’ll love them!!

TOOLS USED FOR THIS RECIPE:
Microplane – this is not only for zesting citrus, it’s great for getting super small pieces of garlic!
Parchment paper – never have to cut a piece down to size again!
Gloves – between the melted butter and crescent rolls themselves, things can get a bit greasy… I love to use these to prep!


Prep Time: 6 mins
Cook Time: 11 mins
Total Time: 17 mins
Servings: 8 servings
Calories: 238

INGREDIENTS

2 - 8 oz cans refrigerated crescent rolls
8 pieces mozzarella string cheese,halved across to make 2 short sticks
6 Tbsp salted butter, melted
4-5 cloves garlic, grated or finely minced
1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp dried basil

INSTRUCTIONS

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine melted butter with Italian seasoning, garlic, parsley and basil.
Unroll crescent rolls and separate into triangles. Brush with garlic butter mixture, reserving some to brush on tops of assembled rolls. Place halved string cheese at widest end, and roll up (tucking in the edges to seal).
Brush tops with more garlic butter. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden brown.