If you love bourbon chicken from the food court at the mall, you'll love this version of Crock Pot Honey Bourbon Chicken that's made right in your slow cooker!

CROCK POT HONEY BOURBON CHICKEN

One of my favorite things about cooking, and I’ve said this before, is having leftovers. Today, however, there was no chicken left and none of the M&M cookies.

I hate when that happens. But, it is a good indicator of how good these dishes are.

I’ve made bourbon chicken before but I really liked this crock pot rendition. This version tastes less like the food court dish but it is simple and very good. I forgot how much I’ve missed my crock potthe last few months.
Why it’s called Bourbon Chicken

Fun Fact: There’s no bourbon in this recipe, which many of you have pointed out to me (mostly rudely). The name Bourbon Chicken comes from Bourbon Street in New Orleans, which it’s named after.

If it makes you happy, throw in some bourbon.

Course: Main Course
Cuisine: American
Keyword: crock pot honey bourbon chicken
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours 5 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
Calories: 715kcal


Ingredients

2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
1 cup honey
1 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
4 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cloves minced garlic or 1 teaspoon minced garlic in oil
1/2 cup onion diced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Instructions

Trim your chicken breasts, sprinkle with salt & pepper and place them in your slow cooker.
In a medium bowl, add the honey, soy sauce, ketchup, oil, garlic, onion and red pepper flakes. Stir well to combine. Pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.
Cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 1½ to 2½ hours.
When done, remove chicken from crock pot and cut into chunks.