SUMMER CORN, AVOCADO & BLACK BEAN SALAD
This salad couldn't be easier to throw together. Halving all the cherry tomatoes isn't the quickest thing ever, but you can do that plate trick with them. You know, where you place a plate on top of a bunch of them and run a knife through? Have you done that? I have not. It seems like a lot of work...nope, I'll just take the 45 minutes it takes to slice them all individually. I'm pretty sure I would slice my hand off if I tried the plate trick. I cannot be trusted. Besides, slicing them all is kind of therapeutic. You know what I mean.
Ingredients 
Veggies:
  • 1 3/4 cup thawed frozen or fresh sweet corn
  • 40 cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1 15 oz. can of black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 2 avocados, diced
  • 1 red onion, finely diced
  • 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (use the stems too!)
Dressing:
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 lemon, juiced (or 2 limes)
  • 1-2 tsp. cumin
  • 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
  • 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
Instructions
  1. Prep all the veggie ingredients and add them to a large serving bowl. Toss well to combine. 
  2. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over the veggies. Toss gently to coat evenly and let rest about 10 minutes. 
  3. Store in the fridge and serve alone, with chips, or in a pita!