CHICKEN PARMESAN MEATBALLS
I am SO incredibly excited to share these Chicken Parmesan Meatballs. Truthfully, I don’t use ground chicken very often. It’s not because I don’t like it. I just don’t think of it. I was scavenging through the ice cold dark pit of my kitchen, aka my freezer, there’s way too much stuff in that thing. And I was attempting to use some of the stuff up, so that meat doesn’t become freezer burnt and old. I found two lbs of ground chicken in the way back that I had forgotten about. When I saw it in the store, I didn’t really know what I was going to do with it, but an idea was starting to form… Chicken Parmesan Meatballs. So that was it- I knew it had to happen.

CHICKEN PARMESAN MEATBALLS
Crispy chicken meatballs, topped with a flavorful marinara and mozzarella cheese.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 8
Author Star

Ingredients
  • 2 lbs ground chicken (93% lean, 7% fat)
  • 1 small onion , diced (or two TBS dried minced onion)
  • 3 cloved garlic , chopped (or two TBS minced garlic)
  • 1/2 cup fresh parsley , chopped
  • 1/4 cup bread crumbs
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tbs italian seasoning
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 1/2 a medium zucchini , grated
  • 2 oz parmesan , grated
  • About 1 cup Daily Dose of Pepper Slow Cooker Marinara , or marinara of your choice
  • 1 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella
  • Cooking Spray , I use Olive Oil cooking spray
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, add the first 11 ingredients and combine together thoroughly with your hands. Roll into meatballs slightly larger than a golf ball, and place onto a sheet pan with sides, lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Top each meatball with 1-2 tbs of marinara and large pinch of mozzarella. Place in oven for 25 minutes. Garnish with some fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Recipe Notes
Serving size: 3 Meatballs
6 Freestyle Smart Points (calculated with Weight Watchers Recipe Builder)
6 Smart Points (calculated with Weight Watchers Recipe Builder)
260 Calories 11g fat. 4g saturated fat. 4g carbohydrates. 1g fiber. 1g sugar. 28g protein (calculated with My Fitness Pal)