Crock Pot Cubed Steak with Gravy
I think my love for my slow cooker is pretty well known (well, at least to my family). It really is one of my most favorite kitchen appliances. It’s right up there with my stand mixer. It is the busy parent, busy worker, and beginner cook’s best friend. It can take a rather tough cut of meat, like what I am using in this Crock Pot Cubed Steak with Gravy recipe, and turns it into tenderness on a plate.
Give me the gravy
My favorite part of this recipe? The gravy. Oh mercy, the gravy. Me and gravy, it’s a love thang.
So if you love your crock pot like I do, you gotta give this one a try. The cubed steak comes out so tender and the gravy is thick and rich and goes perfectly with some egg noodles or mashed potatoes!
Ingredients:
  • 1 packet of au jus gravy mix
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 can French onion soup
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 ½-2 pounds cubed steak
to thicken gravy:
  • 3 tbsp. cornstarch
  • 3 tbsp. cold water
Directions:
In the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker, combine cream of chicken soup, French Onion soup, packet of au jus and water. Stir well.

Put cubed steak in slow cooker with gravy mixture.
Cover slow cooker and cook steak on low for 6-8 hours.
After cooking, it’s time to thicken gravy. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and cold water.
Stir mixture into crock pot.
Turn the setting to high and cook for 30 minutes (until gravy is thickened).
Then serve with mashed potatoes.
Cook’s Note: 
If you are sensitive to salt, I would suggest using lower sodium options where possible.