BACON, EGG AND CHEESE MONKEY BREAD
Bacon, Egg and Cheese Monkey Bread combines all your breakfast favorites in one delicious pull-apart bread recipe! Perfect for breakfast or an easy weeknight dinner, and a kid friendly back to school recipe, too!
I partnered with Pick ‘n Save to bring you this recipe post, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

So there’s this little thing I’m supposed to be getting ready for – called a rummage sale – and, you guys, I’m totally NOT getting ready for it! It’s supposed to start tomorrow, FYI, and we’ve gotten as far as putting some things out in the garage. And by we, I mean mostly Jorden. Because apparently, I’m way more of a hoarder than I thought I was, and I have issues with getting rid of things. Which, I guess, is the definition of a hoarder.

So here’s how it goes: I decide I’m going to “tackle” a space, comb through it and find all the things we no longer need or want or use. And then I see something that reminds me my kids are getting older – our house is filled with such things – something we clearly no longer need, and I freeze up. Because it reminds me of how quickly time is going, and makes me think about all the things I planned to do with my kids when they were little, and forces me to acknowledge the fact that they’re all getting older…..and then I just walk away. Because who wants to deal?!

Now. I know I’m not the only one who struggles with decluttering. I feel like it’s an age-old struggle for moms (and dads) everywhere. I just honestly never thought it would be me! But…I guess that’s how life is. Always surprising us, right? So now we have this half-filled garage and so much more we could still put out there and I’m sitting here wondering whether or not we can actually pull this off. Whether or not I have it in me to push through and make it happen.

To be honest, all I *really* want to do is stuff my face with this Bacon, Egg and Cheese Monkey Bread. It’s an idea I thought up during a shopping trip to Pick ‘n Save, in an attempt to get creative with back to school breakfast ideas. Seriously – who wouldn’twant bread stuffed with bacon, eggs, and cheese? And apparently my kids agree. The first time I made the monkey bread recipe, they DEVOURED it. Which has me thinking – maybe monkey bread can somehow make me feel more okay about the fact that I didn’t do everything I intended to do with my kids.
Maybe all my kids really need is more Bacon, Egg and Cheese Monkey Bread in their lives. You probably need it in your life, too.

Either way, it’s definitely a good escape for now. And you better believe I’ll be making a whole lot of this monkey bread throughout the school year. Because if it makes me feel better about life, and my kids actually want to eat it, it’s a no-brainer. I think you’ll agree!



Bacon, Egg and Cheese Monkey BreadBacon, Egg and Cheese Monkey Bread combines all your breakfast favorites in one delicious pull-apart bread recipe!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 6
Author Cathy Trochelman

Ingredients
*Ingredients listed are for a 6 cup bundt pan. If you are using a 12 cup pan double the ingredients.
  • 1 16 oz. can refrigerated biscuits
  • 4 Tbsp. Roundy's salted butter melted
  • 6 large Roundy's eggs scrambled
  • 1/2 pound Roundy's bacon cooked and crumbled
  • 1 c. Roundy's shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 Tbsp. fresh chives
  • For sauce:
  • 1/4 c. lowfat mayo
  • 1/4 c. Roundy's sour cream
  • 1 tsp. lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp. dijon mustard
Get IngredientsPowered by Chicory

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Cook bacon and eggs; set aside.
  3. Remove biscuits from package and cut into sixths.
  4. Place biscuit pieces in a gallon size ziplock bag and toss with 4 Tbsp. melted butter.
  5. Add scrambled eggs, bacon, shredded cheese, and fresh chives to the bag and shake to distribute.
  6. Pour mixture into a greased 6 cup bundt pan.
  7. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
  8. While bread is baking, combine sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and heat, stirring, over medium heat until smooth.
  9. Cool in pan 5-10 minutes, then use a knife or spatula to loosen edges.
  10. Invert bread onto a plate and drizzle with sauce before serving.
To make bacon, egg, and cheese monkey bread a complete meal, serve it with some fresh fruit or my pina colada fruit salad.




more recipes @ https://www.lemontreedwelling.com