Malibu Sunset

Malibu Sunset: a fun, fruity, easy Malibu drink recipe! Because there’s really no wrong way to do pineapple, orange juice, coconut rum, grenadine, and cherries. If you’ve never had this fruity alcoholic drink, you should change that.
A Malibu Drink Tastes Like an Island Getaway

Living in San Diego, I’m normally just a couple hours from Malibu. But right now, I’m a world apart in Aruba. And Malibu never tasted so good.

If you’ve never had this fruity Malibu drink, you really should change that. Someone will say they don’t like coconut, but I don’t think it tastes ridiculously coconutty. Coconut Malibu tastes what a tropical vacation should taste like.

Technically this fruity drink has a splash of cranberry, but I didn’t have any and wasn’t going to buy any for a splash. Just use more grenadine. Scratch that. More Malibu.
Home away from Home
This is Palm Beach, Aruba. My most favorite place on earth. This little slice of beach is where I go to mentally when the going gets tough in life. It’s my happy place, and just thinking about it, gets me through hard times. It’s where I’m the most calm and relaxed, ever. I love it here.

Cool Malibu Rum Drinks for Hot Summer Days
Holy moly these things go down way too easily in the heat and humidity. This Malibu drink is fruity and sweet without being over-the-top like some fruity alcoholic drinks can be, and it’s so refreshing. I love pineapple juice and it’s a perfect pairing with coconut rum.

Nothing calms me down and puts a smile on my face like being on Palm Beach, Aruba with one of these yummy fruity drinks. Cheers!
Malibu Sunset

YIELD: 1 DRINK
TOTAL TIME:2 MINUTES
PREP TIME:2 MINUTES
COOK TIME:0 MINUTES

This is like drinking a tropical vacation. Fruity and sweet (but not too sweet), and perfectly refreshing. They go down way too fast and very easily. Cheers!

INGREDIENTS:
  • ice cubes
  • 3 to 4 ounces pineapple-orange juice (I use a blend rather than purchasing separate juices)
  • 2 ounces Malibu Coconut Rum
  • grenadine, drizzled
  • maraschino cherries, for garnishing
  • pineapple and/or orange slices, for garnishing
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Add ice to glass.
  2. Add juice, Malibu, and stir.
  3. Drizzle in grenadine.
  4. Garnish with cherries, pineapple, and/or orange slices.
  5. Serve immediately. Drink is intended for those whom alcohol consumption is appropriate. Always drink responsibly.
NUTRITION INFORMATION
Nutrition analysis
Calories 206, 
Total Fat 0g, 
Saturated Fat 0g, 
Trans Fat 0g, 
Total Carbohydrates 37 g, 
Fiber 2 g, 
Sugar 32 g, 
Protein 1 g, 
Sodium 6 mg

Recipe from Averie Cooks. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.